Recently, I realized that it’s time for me to get back to reading and reviewing books, a passion that deserves its time and effort – even if it is 45 minutes in a day. That’s time and effort that I had started diverting to TV shows. Well, that’s because the shows that I was watching were truly entertaining. So, since The Broke and the Bookish has let the book blogging world have a freebie week, I decided to make this Top Ten Tuesday post an ode (not literally), to the shows that have kept me happy this year. Here goes…
1. Gilmore Girls
Yes, I have a terribly horribly big soft spot for Gilmore Girls. This was my 2nd complete re-watch of the series – right from Season 1 Episode 1 to Episode 4 in a Year in the Life. I started watching late last year, and finished early this year. It was an incredible few weeks. Absolutely incredible. Thanks, Netflix. *sigh*
2. Designated Survivor
Well, I’ve never been much of a political drama watcher. But Designated Survivor kind of stuck to me and I did not bother trying to shake it off. I went with the flow and liked where I landed. No regrets.
3. Game of Thrones
Well, what’s there to say about Game of Thrones? Once you start watching it, there really is no going back. With just 7 episodes this season, it hasn’t taken up much of my time this year. Yet, each time an episode drops, life comes to a standstill.
Well, now here is the true culprit behind my TV addiction. I watched all 18 episodes in each of the 10 seasons this year. Quite unlike the shows I typically get addicted to, this is just a simple story about a girl, her love for horses and her family that’s always there for her. Gives me the warm fuzzies.
5. Another show on which I spent time (about 5 hours) this year and absolutely regret is Iron Fist. Less said, the better.
Shows I plan on (re-)starting, but not spending too much time on later this year:
- Stranger Things: The first season was just gripping. And if the trailer for the latest one is anything to go by, it’s going to be something great.
- Suits: I’m yet to catch up on part of season 6 and season 7.
- Daredevil: Simply because my husband, a huge comic book superhero fan, has been recommending that I watch this show since last year.
- Helix: Just because it’s my kind of TV show – a science fiction thriller.
- Under the Dome: One of the TV shows that I watched and liked, but just not enough to want to go back to it again. But now it keeps popping up on my Netflix recommendations. So I may give it another try.
What TV shows have kept you occupied this year? Drop a comment and let me know!