Hi! I’m back with a recap of how this year has been, reading-wise. 2016 has been a really great year in some ways and not so great yeat in others. So, here are a few reasons why it’s been great:
- I read books that I never thought I would: From Chinua Achebe’s A Man of the People to Margaret Atwoods’ A Handmaid’s Tale, from Anne of the Green Gables to Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time, I tried books that I really did not think I would venture out with, let alone in the same year.
- I started blogging: For the longest time, I had been wanting to blog about books and reading, and I managed to get that started this year. And I was so so thrilled about it!!
- I got through nearly half the Goodreads Challenge: According to the tracker/meter, I havr read about 39 books. There are two more books that I have not added to the list, so that would bring it up to 41. This is a way better number to reach than what I thought I would end up with.
- I bought booooks!: Never before in any 1 year have I ever bought as many books as I have this year. Some I have catalogued on the blog, some I have not gotten around to. But yes, it gives me immense joy knowing that I bought all these books. Woohoo!
- I connected with some incredible people through the blog: You know, it’s a different kind of joy when you find people who share the same (sometimes more) love for reading and exploring books as you do. And I found it here, and I’m so so so glad I did! It’s so reassuring.
I will end this post for now. I will be back with my thoughts on why 2016 was not so great reading-wise. And in the meanwhile please let me know what you think about how 2016 has been and leave a comment below! Till the next post, Cheers!